Advanced Composite 6 to 15 Seat Gyroplane
The ArrowHawk Gyroplane is being developed using GAC’s Hawk 4 Gyroplane development experience combined with advanced sustained autorotative flight aircraft design and analysis tools developed during the Heliplane program.
The ArrowHawk is an all-composite eight-place VTOL gyroplane with significant cost and performance advantages over comparable helicopters in this size class. Designed to emerge as the world’s most practical and cost-effective runway independent aircraft, GAC’s ArrowHawk can be significantly more profitable for commercial applications and can provide considerable savings for law enforcement and government agencies as well.
Our design refinement work is ongoing. The numbers below are provisional and will in any case vary according to the performance requirements of the customer in any the particular market segments that the ArrowHawk will be able to serve.
- Passenger Transport1 pilot + 7 passengers
- Maximum Take-off Weight DMGW 2 000 kg (4,410 lb)
- Useful Load 1,100 kg (2,425 lb)
- Empty Weight 900 kg (1,984 lb)
- Cargo Carrying Volume 1 pilot + 5.2 cu m (184 cu. ft.)
- Baggage Compartment Colume 1.1 cu m (39 cu. ft.)
- Cruise Speed - VC 296 km/hr (160 kts)
- Max Cruise Speed at MCP VH – 319 km/hr (172 kts)
- Best Range Speed – VBR 157 km/hr (85 kts)
- Never to Exceed Speed – VNE 337 km/hr (182 kts)
- Rate of Climb 457 m/min (1,500 ft/min)
- Service Ceiling (ISA) 4,893 m (16,000 ft)
- Range at VBR (without reserve) 1,145 km (618 n.m.)
- Endurance at VC (no reserve) 5.9 Hours
- Jump take-off with no ground roll at MGW - Density Alt. 1,500 m (4,921 ft)
- Ultra-Short Take-off (10 m) at MGW - Density Alt. 3,000 m (9,843 ft)